Sunday, November 13, 2005

NE Diners & Co


For the first two weeks of December, I will be traveling throughout the Northeast visiting as many authentic diners as possible. The tour is a pilgrimage of sorts because it is the segue between a two year scholarly study of diners and a the quest to open an authentic diner in Austin, Texas. The trip begins in Baltimore, Maryland because the non-stop round-trip flight was $160. Thanks Southwest! From there I begin a 2000+ mile loop, through nine states, to visit approximately 50 diners. Most of the diners were selected during the my final semesters at the University of Texas. I chose the diner as a subject of study, in my pursuit of an American Studies degree. Since there are few classic diners in Texas, I decided that a trip to the Northeast would be a neccessary "right of passage" informing my plan to open an authentic diner in Austin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home